Website Terms & Conditions
The term SpecsDirect or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website and owners of the brand SpecsDirect whose registered office is at 20 McIntyre Street, Parow, Cape Town 7500. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the current governing laws of South Africa
E-Commerce Terms & Conditions:
The terms and conditions set out herein shall apply to your use of this Website as well as your purchases from SpecsDirect and via this website. By using this Website you agree to the terms and conditions set out herein. SpecsDirect products sold via this Website are only purchasable by persons over the age of 18 years. When purchasing any product via this Website, you represent that you are above the age of 18 and that you are authorised to make the purchase.
PLACING AN ORDER:
Orders are placed by the completion of an order form which requires your name, telephone number and billing address. Information are deemed confidential and used for the sole purpose of processing your order. Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, UKash or via Instant EFT via the payment gateway Payfast (Pty) Ltd. Payfast (Pty) Ltd is the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank, Nedbank, ABSA and First National Bank of South Africa. Payfast uses the strictest form of encryption and uses Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this, the highest, level of encryption currently available. 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions over R1000. No credit card details are stored on the Website. Visit www.payfast.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy. Payfast may use personal information to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. For more detail on PayFast refer to www.payfast.co.za.
- SpecsDirect aims to dispatch all products within FIVE business days of the date of your order, subject to the availability of products.
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, requires that a supplier must execute an order within 30 days of the day on which the supplier received the order and SpecsDirect will do it’s utmost to adhere to this provision.
- Deliveries can only be made to addresses within the borders of South Africa. We currently do not ship to addresses outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- SpecsDirect deliveries are not free of charge, unless the Customer purchases over R500-00.
- Deliveries will take place within 10 business days of the acceptance of your order.
- Delivery will be during business hours so please ensure that someone will be available to receive the parcel at the address specified.
- We reserve the right to contact customers and arrange alternative delivery methods and timelines, if the delivery address is remote, or to cancel the order if delivery is not feasible.
- The person receiving the parcel will be asked by the courier to sign the waybill indicating that the parcel/carton has been received undamaged and in good condition.
- Proof of ID may be requested to verify authenticity of purchaser.
The provision of goods from SpecsDirect are subject to availability. Should any item be purchased and delivered to you, and be found to be defective in any way, you may return the product to us within 3 days and it will be replaced free of charge – however, the return shipping cost will be for your account.
Please note that handling of products which may cause damage to coatings, is not covered under the refund policy condition. Note that the mirror coating on lenses is highly susceptible to scratching if not handled and cleaned correctly.
MERCHANT OUTLET COUNTRY AND TRANSACTION CURRENCY:
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
The SpecsDirect takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this Website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
COUNTRY OF DOMICILE:
This Website is governed by the laws of South Africa and SpecsDirect chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
SpecsDirect may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This Website is run by Solomon Brothers Optometrists Inc based in South Africa trading as SpecsDirect and with registration number 2008/012070/21.
COLLECTION CONTACT DETAILS:
20 McIntyre Street